1. There is a heated ____ on the role of education throughout the country.
[A] debate [B] decade [C] decay [D] decline
2. She ____ his invitation with a smile.
[A] refused [B] rejected [C] declined [D] turned down
3. It needs skills to handle such a ____ relationship.
[A] delicious [B] definite [C] desperate [D] delicate
4. Deprived ____ everything he used to had, he lived in despair.
[A] with [B] of [C] in [D] over
5. He is ____ to catch up with his classmates.
[A] devoted [B] determined [C] depressed [D] delivered
6. If you don’t ____ your children, they will be spoiled.
[A] discipline [B] discard [C] distract [D] distribute
7. The radioactive wastes from the nuclear power plant must be ____ of.
[A] discarded [B] thrown [C] abandoned [D] disposed
8. It is afraid that someday in the future computers will ____ the whole world.
[A] dominate [B] donate [C] disrupt [D] discount
9. It is really ____ to encounter one’s former lover at a party.
[A] earnest [B] elementary [C] embarrassing[D] efficient
10. Greater ____ has been put on the development of the west.
[A] emphasis [B] excess [C] existence [D] extinction
11. Too much ____ to violence on TV will exert some bad influence on children.
[A] excuse [B] exit [C] exposure [D] expense
12. Every resident can have access to the sports ____ of the community.
[A] equipment [B] facilities [C] instrument [D] devices
13. The critics all speak ____ of the new play.
[A] favorably [B] feasibly [C] flexibly [D] favorite
14. With the discovery of gold in the nearby mountains, this town began to ____.
[A] fluctuate [B] flourish [C] foster [D] forbid
15. He blamed his failure on bad ____.
[A] formation [B] foundation [C] frustration [D] fortune
16. The fans have waited out of the hotel for hours just to catch a ____ of the film star.
[A] glance [B] glimpse [C] sight [D] vision
17. I’m ____ for what you have done for my family.
[A] guilty [B] genuine [C] generous [D] grateful
18. Man should develop in ____with nature.
[A] harmony [B] hostility [C] hazard [D] horizon
19. He never ____ to help those in trouble.
[A] handle [B] hurry [C] hesitate [D] hinder
2o. people who have a healthy ____ in life tend to be happier than those who don’t.
[A] habit [B] hobby [C] honesty [D] humor
21. The writer likes to ____ his own experience when writing a story.
[A] draw in [B] draw on [C] draw up [D] draw out
22. He has to learn to ____ parents’ care when he lives alone.
[A] do away with [B] do with [C] do without [D] deal with
23. In winter, I don’t ____ having cold drinks.
[A] feel like [B] figure out [C] drop by [D] drop out
24. You should study hard ____yourself and your family.
[A] due to [B] except for [C] for the sake of [D] in favor of
25. You can keep the cup ____, but you can’t keep it for good.
[A] for ever [B] for short [C] for the time being [D] for nothing
26. The language barrier may ____ to misunderstanding between different nations.
[A] get hold of [B] give the better of [C] give full play to [D] give rise to
27. He can’t ____ his tears on hearing the good news.
[A] hold back [B] get over [C] hold out [D] get through
28. I could have arrived on time, but I was ____ in traffic.
[A] handed in [B] handed over [C] held on [D] held up
1．谦虚的，谦卑的 a. h _ _ _ _ _ 2. 提高，加强v. h _ _ _ _ _ _ _
3．和谐，融洽 n. h _ _ _ _ _ _ 4. 认真的，诚恳的a. e _ _ _ _ _ _
5. 戏剧性的 a. d _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 6. 多样性 n. d _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
7. 差异，不一致 n. d _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 8. 可行的，可能的a. f _ _ _ _ _ _ _
9．灵活的，柔顺的 a. f _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 10. 预报，预测n./v. f _ _ _ _ _ _ _
11．幸运地，幸亏 adv. f _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 12. 供应，布置家具v. f _ _ _ _ _ _
13．赌博 n./ v. g _ _ _ _ _ 14. 手势，姿势 n. g _ _ _ _ _ _
15. 贪婪的a. g _ _ _ _ _ 16. 担保，保证v. g _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
17．危险，公害 n. h_ _ _ _ _ 18. 夸大，夸张v. e _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
19．展览，展览会 n. e_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 20. 广阔的，广泛的a. e_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1. ACDBB ADACA CBABD BDACB BCACC DAD
2.1. humble 2. heighten 3. harmony 4. earnest 5. dramatic
6. diversify 7. discrepancy 8. feasible 9. flexible 10. forecast
11. fortunately 12. furnish 13. gamble 14. gesture 15. greedy
16. guarantee 17. hazard 18. exaggerate 19. exhibition 20.extensive
1.He is determined to give full play to his potential so as to get the ideal performance.
2. He had rather do without a car than rent one from his friend.
3. Those with the ability to speak a foreign language will have an advantage over other applicants.
4. What one does in his leisure time may have nothing to do with his job.
5. He drops by from time to time even if he is very busy.