1. Learning any language takes a lot of effort. But don't give up. (学习任何语言都需要花费很多努力，但不要放弃。)
2. Relax! Be patient and enjoy yourself. Learning foreign languages should be fun. (放松点！要有耐心，并让自己快乐！学习外语应该是乐趣无穷的。)
3. Rome wasn't built in a day. Work harder and practice more. Your hardworking will be rewarded by God one day. God is equal to everyone! (冰冻三尺非一日之寒。更加努力地学习，更加勤奋地操练，你所付出的一切将得到上帝的报答，上帝是公平的。)
4. Use a dictionary and grammar guide constantly. Keep a small English dictionary with you at all time. When you see a new word, look it up. Think about the word - use it, in your mind, in a sentence. (经常使用字典和语法指南。随身携带一本小英文字典，当你看到一个新字时就去查阅它，想想这个字，然后去用它，在你的心中，在一个句子里。)
5. Try to think in English whenever possible. When you see something, think of the English word for it; then think about the word in a sentence.
6. Practice tenses as much as possible. When you learn a new verb, learn its various FORMs.
7. The way to learn a language is to practice speaking it as often as possible. (学习一门语言的方法就是要尽量多地练习说。)
8. Chairman Mao said it is necessary to drill as much as possible, and the more you apply it in real situations, the more natural it will become. (毛主席说，反复操练是非常必要的，你越多地将所学到的东西运用到实际生活中，它们就越自然。)
9. I would also like to learn more about the culture behind the language. When you understand the cultural background〖文化背景〗, you can better〖更好地〗use the language. (我想学习和了解更多的关于语言背后文化的知识，当你理解了文化背景，你就能更好地运用语言。)
10. What is language for? Some people seem to think it's for practicing grammar rules and learning lists of words - the longer the words the better. That's wrong. Language is for the exchange of ideas, for communication. (语言到底是用来干什么的？一些人认为它是用来操练语法规则和学习一大堆单词--而且单词越长越好，这个想法是错误的。语言是用来交换思想，进行交流的。)