每日必读006  
 

19. So far『到目前为止』so good.

到目前为止都好。

【额外成就感】

*So far I have been learning about China.

到目前为止,我一直都在研究中国的事情。

*I've been here for three weeks, and so far I've enjoyed it.

我已经在这里逗留了三个星期,到现在为止,我过得很快活。

20. It drives『逼迫;迫使』me crazy.

它使我疯了。

【额外成就感】

* Continual failure drove him to suicide.

不断的失败逼得他自杀。

* The failure drove him into despair.

这次失败使他绝望。

* Poverty and hunger drove them to steal.

贫穷和饥饿迫使他们偷窃。

* Anger drove her mad.

她气得快发疯了。

* drive sb. crazy/to insanity/out of his mind

将某人逼疯/使某人精神失常/使某人丧失理智

21. She never showed up『出席;露面』

她一直没有出现。

【额外成就感】

* Did everyone you invited show up?

你邀请的人都来了吗?

* It was eleven o'clock when he finally showed up.

他最后露面时,已经11点钟了。

22. That's not like him.

那不象是他的风格。

23. I couldn't get through『电话接通』.

电话打不通。 

【额外成就感】

*I tried ringing you several times yesterday but I couldn't get through (to you).

昨天我给你打了几次电话,可是都没有打通。

*I tried to telephone you but I couldn't get through.

我设法打电话给你,但是打不通。


 

旺旺英语http://www.wwenglish.com