旺旺首页 > 电子报 > 英语 > 旺旺语音报 > 旺旺英语语音精品报第69期 2000-12-12

:::::::::::::旺旺英语 语音精品报:::::::第69期:::::::::::

旺旺英语网”倾力出品,漂亮语音,天天发送,完全免费,欢迎订阅
 
::::今日一词

Try on 试穿

Can I try on this shirt in a bigger size?
我能试穿比这件衣服大一点的尺寸吗?
I tried on the pants, but they were too tight.

我试穿过这件衣服,但它太紧了。


::::今日发音

Veggies
慢速发音 快速发音 中文解说
I eat tons of veggies every day.
我每天都吃一大堆蔬菜。

::::今日新闻


Wall Street had its first rush of euphoria in months Tuesday, with the Nasdaq composite index posting its biggest one-day advance ever amid optimism that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates. Blue chip stocks also soared, carrying the Dow Jones industrials up more than 338 points.

受到美国联邦准备理事会将调降利率此一利多消息的影响,华尔街周二感受到数月以来的第一波欢腾气氛,美股那斯达克综合指数公布的结果创下前所未有的单日最大涨幅。绩优股同时暴涨,带动道琼工业指数上涨三百三十八点。

post 发表,公布

A: Mrs. Thomas's dog is missing.

汤玛斯太太的狗不见了。

B: She should post rewards around the neighborhood for finding it.

她应该在附近贴几张寻找狗狗的悬赏公告。

soar 暴涨

A: Why do I always feel like my salary's not enough? Have prices soared?

为什么我总觉得薪水不够?物价上涨了吗?

B: No, it's because you never stop shopping.

不是,是因为你总是买个不停。

Prime Minister Yoshiro Mori's Cabinet resigned en masse Tuesday morning, formally opening the way for Mori to announce a new Cabinet that will oversee a sweeping restructuring of Japan's bureaucracy. The resignations, a formality before the changes, were submitted at the regular morning Cabinet meeting, said Kazuhiko Koshikawa, one of Mori's spokesmen.

日本首相森喜朗的内阁周二上午进行总辞,为森喜朗宣布新内阁名单正式开启了一条路。新内阁将会监督一项彻底重整日本官僚体制的工作。森喜朗一名发言人越川表示,原内阁是在内阁例行晨间会议中提出总辞的,而这次总辞则是内阁重组的一个重要过程。

sweeping 彻底的

A: Going through a sweeping reflection of the whole situation, I decided

to leave him!

在彻底反省过整个情况之后,我决定离开他!

B: Only because you guys had a fight over the election? Grow up!

只因你们为了选举吵了一架?成熟点吧!

::::每日必读


I swear I'll never tell anyone.
( 我发誓不告诉任何人。 )

【相关句子】
*I could swear I've been here before.
(我敢发誓我曾经来过这儿。)
*When are you going to swear off cigarettes?
(你打算什么时候发誓戒烟?)

::::每日一讲


give in (to surrender, to yield)

屈服,让步


A: Why don't you listen to your boss and do whatever he tells you?
你为何不听你老板的话,照他所说的去做?

B: Forget it. I'll never give in.
休想,我不会让步的。

::::绝对俚语


take a chill pill(calm down, settle down, relax)

冷静一下


这个俚语字面上的意思是“吃颗镇静的药丸吧”,其实也就是要人先冷静一下,别太激动。

A:What? You want me to apologize to her? No way! Never!
什么?你让我向他道歉?免谈!绝不可能!

B: Take a chill pill, man. Please listen to me.
冷静一下,老兄,听我说。

:::::::::::::旺旺英语 语音精品报:::::::::::::

全新的英语学习站点!该站有近二十个精彩栏目,天天更新,精彩无限。网站每天都有大量纯正地道的美语语音供在线收听或下载。该站推出的“旺旺英语语音精品报”开通一个月,订户即超过2000人,漂亮语音,天天发送,完全免费。
旺旺英语让你的英语旺旺! 网址:
http://www.englishww.com